Saturday, January 14, 2012

BEST. BIRCHBOX. EVER.

...okay, so it's the best Birchbox so far.

What, you don't know what Birchbox is?  It's this awesome service that you pay $10 a month to for deluxe beauty samples.  I've been a subscriber for about six months now and I've had some mixed feelings about it but overall enjoying it.  I say mixed feelings because sometimes they'll do bullshit like put in a "friendship bracelet" as one of your items which is really just a little piece of metal tied to two strings.  That angered me.  Greatly.  But they've been doing great lately and this month's is awesome.  They also sell full sized products at their site.  for the most part, everything is priced pretty normally but they also give you points for buying and reviewing things.  When you get to 100 points, they take $10 off a purchase.  The points actually add up pretty quickly which is really nice.

Here's how it comes to you:

Here's what it looks like when you get off the outer packaging:


There's always a card inside that tells you about their theme of the month (this month's was clarity):


And the other side tells you about their products:


Everything always come all nicely laid out and wrapped in pink tissue paper:


So here's why I loved this box so much.  They included this:

That's a full sized Stila Smudge Stick (and my week old manicure, holla).  It's worth $20.  I actually just finished off my last stick that I bought about a year ago.  (Here's the new stick next to my old stick):

(see the big crack?  I loved it a little too hard).

It's fantastic for days that I don't want to worry about my liner wandering out of place (great for the pool).  It's a little stiff to put on, so I don't use it all the time but it's really a fantastic product.

Here's what else I got.

TAY Cucumber Day Moisturizer with Mango Butter (and a Birchbox magnet):

Some BORGHESE CuraForte Moisture Intensifier and BY TERRY Baume de Rose SPF 15.

Here's the inside of the balm (I don't like this packaging, it's not really resealable and there's too much product here for one use):

Some C.O. Bigelow Lavender & Peppermint Shampoo and C.O. Bigelow Lavender & Peppermint Conditioner (pictured above) and a little card with some suggestions for life detoxification.

I'm looking forward to trying out the shampoo and conditioner the next time I shower (I really love C.O. Bigelow products, I used to have a problem with their mentha lip balms).  The balm is nice but I'm not impressed enough with it to pay $58 for the full size.  The lotion smells nice and goes on smoothly.  The moisturizer enhancer is interesting.  I might need to save it for ski trips when I inevitably end up getting a chapped face.

Do any of you have a Birchbox subscription?  If so, tell me what you got in the comments, I would love to hear!

4 comments:

  1. I squealed when I got my stila liner in my Birchbox this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, me too! I'm saving up the rest of it for travel since it's all nice and airline sized (except the balm, I already used that all up).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My travel size of Origins checks and balances came in handy the other weekend when we went away for the weekend(since I have to now pack everything under the sun for Sophia "just in case" lol)As did my Archipelago Pomegranate Body Soap! I ate my larabar as soon as I opened my box and did not like the juicy couture perfume(I knew it would make me sneeze, but I tried anyway. Plus, I have been wearing my signature scent for 8 years, NOTHING will make me change. Can't wait for next month!

    And, you were right, my boxes are much better now that I take the time to do reviews on the products. And DUH I was throwing away free money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get any of that stuff you just mentioned, lol. Hooray individualized birchboxes!

    ReplyDelete